AI Dungeon Quest--Bungles

Off-Topic. Redirect all off-topic posts here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Stewart Stigeweard
Scullions
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:49 pm

Achievements

Residency

Unwashed Peasants

AI Dungeon Quest--Bungles

Post by Stewart Stigeweard » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:54 pm

AI Dungeon Quest: Bungles



You've heard of that AI Dungeon thingy, right?

You've heard of quests, right?

Well, this is where I do the inadvisable thing and combine them!

Mostly I'm using this thread to store the story that's being posted to "another community," but if anyone pops in here and wants to vote for what happens next, then by golly, go for it.

I'll post some more comprehensive rules later, but basically, vote for what you want to happen or write-in an option (either here or in "the other community"), I reserve the right of ultimate veto powers, and we won't be voting EVERY input, else the story would go painfully slow; we'll vote at the more crucial and interesting junctures.

My inputs are in green, edits are in red (for this one I'll try to edit grammar and correct most name and dialogue confusion, and I'll reroll if it gives me something entirely insensible or gibberish and isn't interesting, but otherwise we'll try not to railroad the AI too hard and take what it gives us), and the rest is the AI.

Anyways, let's get to it.
hi

User avatar
Stewart Stigeweard
Scullions
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:49 pm

Achievements

Residency

Unwashed Peasants

Re: AI Dungeon Quest--Bungles

Post by Stewart Stigeweard » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:55 pm

Reserved.
hi

User avatar
Stewart Stigeweard
Scullions
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:49 pm

Achievements

Residency

Unwashed Peasants

Re: AI Dungeon Quest--Bungles

Post by Stewart Stigeweard » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:57 pm

Reserved.

Yes, I'm that optimistic.
hi

User avatar
Stewart Stigeweard
Scullions
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:49 pm

Achievements

Residency

Unwashed Peasants

Re: AI Dungeon Quest--Bungles

Post by Stewart Stigeweard » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:05 pm

Prologue
In which we are introduced to our dashing hero in a bog-standard AI Dungeon setting: the fantasy peasant... but with a twist.
===
You are Bungles, a peasant living in a small village in the kingdom of Plerion. You can shoot laser beams out of your eyes and have a pitchfork and nothing else. You dream of getting out of your village and having an adventure. You go to your fields and begin working. You look up and see a large black mass in the sky. It's heading straight towards your village!

You have three choices: run away, investigate or hide and pray the whatever it is passes over you.
You could run into the woods and hide.
===

User avatar
Stewart Stigeweard
Scullions
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:49 pm

Achievements

Residency

Unwashed Peasants

Re: AI Dungeon Quest--Bungles

Post by Stewart Stigeweard » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:24 pm

>hide and pray the whatever it is passes over you

Chapter 1.1
In which Bungles hides from perils and has rotten luck.


===
You hide and pray the whatever it is passes over you.
You are struck by lightning, and thus a great flash of light illuminates the sky.
You could go investigate.
You go investigate and get speared in the back by a pitchfork wielded by one of your friends, who was hiding as well.
You harshly whisper, "Ouch! Don't point that thing at me! I've had such rotten luck today!"
Your friend looks at you with a baffled expression and says, "It's me, Bertrand! What are you talking about?"
You explain to Bertrand that you had the weirdest dream where you were living in medieval times and there was this dragon and knights and you didn't have any pants.
Bertrand says, "You've been working in the fields too much. You need to get out and do something fun."
You stare at Bertrand long and hard after he said that, then say, "Fine! I will!"
You peek out from your cover toward your village to see if the danger's passed. What do you see?
You may proceed.
You step out from your hiding spot, then glance back toward Bertrand and say, "I think it's gone. What was that large black mass in the sky?"
Bertrand shrugs his shoulders and says, "No idea. Let's get home."
You turn away from Bertrand and begin walking toward your village. A shrill scream pierces the silence, followed by the crunching of bone and flesh being devoured.
You have three choices: run away from the unknown threat, check out the noise for yourself or stay put and wait for it to attack you.
===
hi

User avatar
Stewart Stigeweard
Scullions
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:49 pm

Achievements

Residency

Unwashed Peasants

Re: AI Dungeon Quest--Bungles

Post by Stewart Stigeweard » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:09 am

>stay put and wait for it to attack you

Chapter 1.2
In which Bungles faces genre-bending terror.


===
You decide to stay put and wait for it to attack you.
You wait for a few minutes and as the sun begins to set, so does the temperature. You begin to see your breath puffing out of you every few seconds. You continue to wait and five minutes later you feel a sharp pain jab into your back.
With a shout you spin around to see the source of the jab. You trip over yourself and land on the ground on your back. You look up to see a weird creature made of metal, with one red eye, staring down at you. It slowly pierces your flesh with a spear, lifts you up, and then drops you again.
With a cry of pain you scramble back away from the beast, watching it in horror. You look around and call out for Bertrand. You see him in the distance, trying to fend off the robot with a pitchfork.
The robot turns toward him and pierces his chest with its spear. It tosses Bertrand to the ground and slowly trudges over to him.
===
hi

User avatar
Stewart Stigeweard
Scullions
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:49 pm

Achievements

Residency

Unwashed Peasants

Re: AI Dungeon Quest--Bungles

Post by Stewart Stigeweard » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:16 pm

>flee to fight another day

Chapter 1.3
In which Bungles flees the foreboding foe.


===
You flee to fight another day.
You run for about half a mile until you get back to the village. The village is in chaos, with peasants running around trying to get away. It seems that the robot has been attacking the village.
After some moments of trying to get someone's attention, you grab a peasant's arm. "Was that monster made of metal here?" Your breaths are ragged and you wince in pain from your injuries. "The one with the red eye?"
The peasant stares at you for a moment before answering, "Aye, it came and butchered half o' me family. It's some sort o' monster, 'tis!" With that he runs off.
It seems the robot has been killing indiscriminately.
You look back behind you, down the road out of the village. "Bertrand's back there with it," you muse soberly. "He's probably dead." You turn back to the chaos in the village.
Even though your arm is bleeding profusely and you're in pain, you decide to help out the villagers. You rush into the village center to see a short, bearded peasant running from the robot. You are surprised that he can run so fast with such a heavy beard.
"It's back!" you gasp, then shout "It's back! RUN!" The bearded peasant hears you and begins to run away from the robot, but trips over his own feet. He looks up at you with a mixture of fear and regret.
The lunatic robot slowly advances toward him.
===

User avatar
Stewart Stigeweard
Scullions
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:49 pm

Achievements

Residency

Unwashed Peasants

Re: AI Dungeon Quest--Bungles

Post by Stewart Stigeweard » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:58 pm

>Let us flee back to our humble abode and bid slumber for 1000 years. I've noticed most threats seem to disappear by that point.

>I'd like to seek a water source and then use said water source on the robot with any villagers that feel like lending a hand.

>I vote that the nain character summons a personal starship (with guns) and blasts the Evil™️ Menace ®️


Chapter 1.4
In which Bungles takes drastic measures to overcome the foe.


===
You find a water source and then use said water source on the robot, enlisting the aid of any nearby villagers. As soon as the water is splashed on the robot, you flee to your personal starship and blast the menace, then bid slumber for a thousand years.
You awaken and find that you have slept longer than intended. A quick scan of the area around your current location shows that there is a new city on the planetoid. The inhabitants speak a language similar to a Earth language called German. You learn they call themselves the Zaren.
You scan for any sign of the robot, to see if your cunning plan worked. After an extensive search you find a journal entry from the robot on how he was defeated by a Zaren commander. Apparently, he took pity on the robot and reprogrammed it to obey his commands.
You curse vehemently for several minutes, then give up, wash your face, and head to the local tavern.
You step inside the tavern and take in the scene. The tavern is a large rectangular room with tables scattered about, and a bar along the back wall. The floor is dirt, as are the walls, and there's a door to the outside in the middle of the far wall.
You set your pack down on an empty table and sit up straight in your chair. You get a few glances from the patrons but nothing more. Soon a wizened old man comes over to your table with a mug of ale in his hand. "What'll it be, stranger?"
You look down at the mug and back up at the barkeep before replying,
===

Post Reply