- Create a primer for the setting.
- Create a list of player characters.
- Maintain an updated list of NPCs.
- Include a map.
- Include lore for the setting.
- Include a quest tracker.
- Have periodic updates of "the story so far."
The campaign is set in the world of Sagea, which comprises the mainland continent of Erden and the island archipelago of Utrecht. The players will begin in Utrecht, in the windswept hills and pine forests where the Shepherds dwell in harmony with the Clans.
Men and Elfs and Dwarfs all live together in relative harmony on the mainland. On the islands, there is a tenuous peace between Men and the Shepherds, a race of giant people who tend to flocks of forests. Of halflings and gnomes, little is known - but they are regarded as a harmless curiosity. Orcs and half-orcs are barely tolerated, while all the lesser races are detested and attacked on sight, with rare exceptions.
There are many friends and foes to be encountered in the lands of Sagea. There are the Shepherds, gentle giants with tremendous hearts for nature; the bann-sidhe and leanne-sidhe, vicious and tempestuous spirits who ride on moonless autumn midnights; the terrifying draghemoth, who breathes fire and devours steel; and the fey-elementa, forces of nature which manifest as nymphs (wind and water), golems (stone and fire), and dryads (earth and wood) who guard their domains jealously.
There are five kings, five kingdoms, and five foes in Sagea. In the Utrecht archipelago, the Mariner-king keeps the sea in check; and the Fell-king threatens his kingdom with all the temper of her winds and waves. In bitter Kaedlor to the north, the Summit-king keeps the peace of ice and thaw, which is constantly threatened by the advances of the Bittermourne-king from his frozen wastes. In gentle Oberheim, the Oxen-king guards his thousand quiet hills; but the Flame-king longs to burn all the good green things therein. The nobles of Aedvir obey the wisdom of the Barding-king, and peace has been held under generations of his rule, though the Witch-king wishes the destruction of all knowledge, all tomes and all scrolls, and of every last riddle. Greatest of all is Caemell in the east, Courant in the west; and they are ruled by the Riddling-king, to whom knowledge has been given over every rhyme, riddle, and curious thing. But the greatest kingdom has the greatest foe: the Shadow-king lies just across the Pyrenes Mountains, and only the great power of Caemell holds him back from the destruction of all that is free and good.
Destiny belongs to those who seek it. Be brave, be bold, and no power against you will stand.
This will be updated as more characters are met.
PLAYER CHARACTERS (PCs)
- Caleb - Druid/Hunter.
- Wade - Cleric.
- Nathan - Fighter.
- Jordan - Samurai.
- Charles - Swiss Army Wizard.
- Yarrow Ilan. Works at the inn; has work for newcomers. Check with him to get started.
- Thane Jarre. His family has held the island fortress Seahold for generations against raiders.
- Bjarmir of None. A lone Shepherd whose flock has strayed far from its natural courses.
- The Fell-king. King of lichs, curses, and drowned ones. Dwells in caverns beneath the waves.
- The Greyman; the Liath-Mor. A creature cursed to undying nights, that roams the upper hills.
- Aelfrygg Seaborn. Leader of a clanless band that are stationed in a treacherous region of sea.