WilliamHadley
Scullions

Achievements

Residency

Unwashed Peasants

Greetings and a Present

Post by WilliamHadley » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:44 pm

Good afternoon members of the forum!

My names Will and I write Sci-Fi and Fantasy short stories. I hope to be pretty active here, sometime I'll submit one or two. To introduce myself I thought I'd share a treat to get camaraderie up, and communication going; so, I'm willing to pass along to you, my friends, Neil Gaiman's Masterclass-- The Art of Storytelling. ;)

My email is Williamevanhadley@gmail.com. If you're interested in the files, go say hello there. I'll see if I can send them over. Combined they're 1.72GB.

Anyway,
Nice to meet you all,
Will.
Some men build houses, others build stories. Hard work. Dedication. Same satisfaction.

danjvelker
Site Admin

Administrator

Achievements

Residency

Unwashed Peasants

Re: Greetings and a Present

Post by danjvelker » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:28 pm

Hmm...

Well, I'll just use this opportunity to provide a friendly reminder of Rule 2. What you all choose to do with that reminder is hardly my concern, so long as infringement of it is not communicated through this forum! Nobody tell Neil. (Don't worry, Neil; I'm always watching. I am the night.)

Anyways. Really glad to have you here, Will. I can't wait to see how your story changed since the last time I saw it, or to see what else you've got in store for us. Unsurprisingly, it's far easier to post a two minute reply to a thread than it is to provide a meaningful critique to an allegedly short story. Who knew?!
“But what do you want to save time for? What are you going to do with it?”
“For work, if you love that best. For education, for beauty, for art, for pleasure. For mumblety-peg, if that's where your heart lies.”

WilliamHadley
Scullions

Achievements

Residency

Unwashed Peasants

Re: Greetings and a Present

Post by WilliamHadley » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:52 am

To all of us who are too poor to splash on Masterclass, I'm sure Neil would approve, for the betterment of books and the writing community as a whole. If I ever get the chance to meet him one day, I'll apologise and buy him a drink to make up lol. I love Neil.

Also, though I look forward to your review. Please take your time and don't stress.
Some men build houses, others build stories. Hard work. Dedication. Same satisfaction.